Saturday, December 24, 2022

It's Christmas Eve

Happy Holidays! 

In this post I am showing you the December calendar piece I made with cut up family photos and Christmas cards stitched to wool fabrics and trimmed with pine cones and satin.   The photos are from 1988, when I had doubles printed of all the snapshots I took that year and made twelve small seasonal hangings with them.  Looking at this piece now,  along with nostalgia,  I see the open hearted courageous spirit that kept me going when my children were so young and so was I.  The pine cones are a bit mashed now, and I am old but we go on.

To you and to those you love,  I send warm greetings and good wishes and love.  ðŸ’•ðŸ’•

11 comments:

Bethany G said...

Sending along some hugs and best wishes for a wonderful walk through Christmas and into the New Year, Judy and Ned... just hoping the huge storm that has landed on Ontario and beyond is not keeping the Kids from being home for Christmas...

Be safe and warm at home. I loved seeing the quilt with the family and the pine cones here...you always have the most beautiful treasures to share.
Hoping perhaps might get to see you in person at the SAQA Conference for a nice visit!! And a drive to Manitoulin one day is on my list - I have so wanted to get there for an island adventure.
Love you..
bethany

Nancy said...

This is delightful! Yes, we needed courage when our children were young.
Merry Christmas!

Judy Martin said...

Merry Christmas Bethany ! Xx

Judy Martin said...

Merry Christmas, Nancy! Xx

Judy Martin said...

Merry Christmas Bethany 💕

Mystic Quilter said...

Hoping you enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Judy, the quilt and your words, as always, are beautiful.

Margaret said...

Blessings to you for this holiday season, and a happy, healthy new year. I need not add "creative", because I know that with you, creativity = breathing. Take care, my friend. If you are at SAQA in TO in April 2023, I hope our paths will cross.

Montse Llamas said...

Happy new year and lots of love for you and your wonderful family. XO

Ulrike said...

Now I know what to do with some family photos. I've got a lot of memories to work through at the moment. xx

Liz A said...

wishing you and yours happy memory-making in the new year

ARTISUN said...

Love this very special family piece. How fun to bring it out every year. Happy New Year to you and your family Judy!