Monday, August 12, 2024

My exhibition was a success

detail of Stardust  full view on website

The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.

 As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being.

Yin Yin (detail) full view on New Work blog

The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity.

love the soul inside of me (detail)   

The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.  

Carl Jung

inner world (detail)  full view on website 

The above text is in the journal I have with me in Great Britain.      

The images in this post are details of some of my pieces from Softer and Dreamier, my exhibition this year at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham.  There is an excellent video of the exhibition in the sidebar of this blog and I'll put a link to it here as well.   

I also wrote about my exhibition on My Updates blog - click here to read.  xo 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mere congratulations seem inadequate for such a splendid show. The link is very good. It's so thrilling to see the beautiful quilts that we have watched grow over time displayed.

Penny Schine Gold said...

Thanks so much for including the link to the video--it's great to be able to see close-ups of each of the quilts and to hear the commentary from your exhibit notes.