Monday, February 25, 2019

What are you working on now?

I'm taking turns stitching into two pieces.
Connected by their design, both are large nine-patches.
One is stitched with black thread, the other with white thread.
expectations/memories/dreams
 
Circles within squares are design elements they have in common.

The cloth was found in my life collection of small pieces of fancy cloth.
(taffeta, linen damask, wool suiting, and silks of all sorts)
I stitched or painted on all the squares earlier. 
At first I thought that maybe they didn't need hand stitch
I was hoping to love their simplicity more.
But now,  the chika-chika marks of running stitch/ kantha stitch
has risen the level of intimacy in these two wall pieces
and has given them power.

(...and they fit into my suitcase.  Hola from Mexico xo)

No comments: