Monday, March 22, 2021

truth telling

I went into the studio last week and pinned things up and looked.
I thought the dotted sheer panels I made last summer were finished pieces in themselves, but now I know better.  They are layers.  I look and I move things around and look some more.

Sometimes I just look.  
Stumped.
I would like to speak honestly about blogging.  

Writing  this blog seems hard lately and I am going to take a sabbatical from the writing part of it.  I will still post photos of my work, but please don't expect me to write.  I can't.

And there is something else.  

Recently, I've received emails that let me know that my blog is not working.  People have been asking for help with comments or following.  Blogger won't let them in anymore.  I don't know what has changed. 


 Come over to instagram with me. It's easier.  My handle there is @judithemartin

from 2008 journal:  Accept me.  Love me.  Who am I from the inside out?  I am enough as I am. 

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Good luck with instagram..I will miss your writings, but totally understand.
happy that you will be posting photos of your works...hugs, Julierose

Liz A said...

I changed blogs because some folks couldn't comment ... that worked for them, but then others could no longer comment ... none of the platforms perform consistently well in my experience

so okay ... pictures, not words ... Instagram for comments ... it's all good ... I'm simply glad to know you are somehow somewhere in the ether

may you be happy ...

Judy Martin said...

Thank you for the support I feel in these comments.
Let's carry on bravely.
xo

Mo Crow said...

(((Judy))) one of the good things about making art is the work speaks for you!

Jean Bee said...

I hope you continue with your art pictures. I love your creations. I don't do much Instagram but I'll start following you there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy, I've really enjoyed reading your blogs these past months, so, thank you for that. Your works are so inspiring and thought-provoking. I'm on Instagram too, so will continue to follow you there. Blessings. Rose

Sara said...

The quote from your 2008 journal is absolutely lovely. I have written it down in my inspiration book. I discovered your beautiful work last year and you are truly an inspiration for me.

Sue McQuade said...

See you on Instagram!