Monday, March 15, 2021

studio work

I went into my town studio on Friday.

I pinned Medicine Earth on the wall.  It didn't seem right anymore.  I turned it on its side.

At home, I started a new pieced cloth.  I used up all I had of some soft wool cloth.
It's extremely simple.
Walnut dyed.
I've been sewing a lot of squares together lately, and I can't really explain why in words.  It just feels best for me now.
The textiles I make are documents.   At the same time, they hold me.   Also time.  Also touch.

Time is my obsession:  Not to waste it, not to lose it.  Time is an object to me, something you can almost take hold of,  if I could just collect enough of it in one clump. Anne Tyler (Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant)

1 comment:

Sue McQuade said...

Sometimes, it is just the repetition of something that affords us the comfort we need at that time.