Saturday, August 15, 2020

notions of the body in nature

Today I continue from yesterday's post, my inspirations and route to my voice
I'll put some further links.  I'm using the new blogger and the links take you to a new window.  I'm not sure that it is for the best.  Also, if you are having trouble commenting, feel free to email me.  xo
African textiles   here   and   here   and here  and here  and here
Indian textiles       here      and here    and here 
Japanese textiles    here    and   here     and    here     and here
and my body

8 comments:

Mo Crow said...

love how you stitch Deep Time

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I love all the texture you have created here.

רזיה בן גוריון said...

most inspiring, thank you, i cherish every post of yours.

razia ben said...

beautiful work

Bethany G said...

Truly stunning fine art, Judy and as always, I am awed by the succinct stitch patterns, the delicious natural dyes and brilliant design play that your cloth and stitch emulate to your viewer. Just in love.

ASTraveller said...

blogwalking here from Malaysia. Regards! :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh my goodness, you have created stunning pieces Judy, they are truly glorious and the stitching is magical.

Anonymous said...

As always I am in awe of what you have created! The thought and time into each piece is always fascinating to me.

Thank you for the wonderful links to stitching in other countries. The Japanese Nui project was very interesting to me as I have recently taken up embroidery on clothing again having done so years ago in college. I had never thought about stitching so much on the cloth that it shrank to the point where it was unwearable.

Kirsten