Sunday, July 26, 2020

Outdoor Gallery


prayer to the sky  by Judy Martin
three layers of wool, indigo and madder dyes, hand stitched and slashed 60 x 64.5" 2019
Currently my work is simple.
I have to keep reminding myself about the aesthetic of simplicity.
It is challenging to be simple when the materials are lush.
I am concerned with the passage of time and use hand-stitch as a metaphor for time and touch.
red thread hearts by judy martin
 sixteen women's handkerchiefs, damask table linen, cotton and silk theads, hand stitched 76 x 76 "  2019
Subjects I keep returning to in my work are: vulnerability, female-ness, the inner dream world and love relationships.
The sense of touch is the mother of the senses.
I use it to reach the emotional inner world of my viewers.
I try to hold spirit within my work.

7 comments:

Mo Crow said...

(((Judy))) love seeing your artwork enjoying the sun out in your garden, a perfect gallery space!

Angie said...

Your work touches me deeply. Thank you.

רזיה בן גוריון said...

i am enlightened and inspired from every post, thank you.

Mystic Quilter said...

Simply dreamlike art created here Judy, these pieces and your words take my breath sway, thank you for sharing with us.

Camilla G. said...

This is indeed lovely work even in its virtual and so untouchable state. It says a great deal about who you have become and are becoming as an artist and a person. Onwards...

jude said...

ha, I get that

jeanne hewell-chambers said...

a circle in a square. two shapes, infinite languages. i think i have finally made piece with blogger, and hope the troll will let me through.