Monday, May 25, 2020

podcast interview


I was recently interviewed by LaChaun Moore for the WEAVE podcast and I'm putting the link here for those interested.

Early in the talk I speak about how my mother introduced me to the power of the sense of touch through cloth.
not to know but to go on

Later, the conversation leads me to mention how my father is connected to my long journal piece, Not To Know But To Go On.
It's interesting how conversations go.
all things can be mended   watercolour and thread on paper
I also speak about painting my children when they were little and the ritual of my journal-keeping.  LaChaun and I discuss how the pandemic is affecting our creativity.

The podcast is on the GIST yarn website
Here is a direct link to episode 108: The Aesthetic of Simplicity and Hand Stitching . 
Or perhaps go to where you get your podcasts.  It is on the Weave podcast site.
It's about 35 minutes long.

Thank you LaChaun

11 comments:

CF said...

I tried to listen to the podcast, but nothing happened when I hit the play icon. I could see the text, along with your photographs of various works, but no audio. I'm using a Windows OS.

Judy Martin said...

Tap the forward arrow three times. The podcast begins with chimes/music. Please try again.

Mo Crow said...

Oh (((Judy))) that was a lovely interview, you have such a calm & beautiful voice just like your work!

Liz A said...

usually I don't listen ... it's physically hard to do ... but this, so soft and yet compelling ... I stayed with it

and now I know what I need to do next ... thank you

Camilla G. said...

I listened and loved the spirituality - the insides of the outsides. Not as good as a chat over coffee though. Sigh.

Judy Martin said...

If you download the podcast from the Weave site - it might come in more easily. Weave podcasts seem to be quite popular. xo

Judy Martin said...

I know what you mean - there are so many online things to do these days - thank you for giving it some of your attention. Now I'm curious about what you need to do next. xo

Judy Martin said...

Thank you dear heart xo

Judy Martin said...

Thank you for listening Camilla. I feel good about this particular interview - xo

jude said...

I remember our phone conversation, It felt like that.

Anonymous said...

Lovely conversation! In a way it is fascinating to realize how many young people did not grow up with sewing in their lives.

Hearing someone speak about their art and process can really bring a new dimension about their work.

Kirsten