Saturday, September 16, 2017

the cloud in me

I visited Connie yesterday.
Our visits are more emotional now.
She moved into a nursing home August 8.  She is 89.
I've written a bit about her before, here and here.
When we met I was in my early 40's and she was in her late 60's.
Actually, she is the same age as my mother would have been if she were still alive.


She has such yearning.
I reminded her that she has an inner cloud of memories inside her.
And dreams. 
She said that the memories made her sad....but I think that will change.
I think they will save her.
Images are of finished new work for my exhibition in October.
 still one more large one to go xo

8 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

How I should like to be in the situation of visiting your exhibition, please post photos afterwards!

Hazel said...

Gosh, I love that top photo, and your sharing of your dear friend Connie. One of my dearest is in her mid 80's, we met 30 yrs ago. You are so right, how the time together grows more precious and emotional.

Ms. said...

So glad you posted the Exhibition post and I hope her memories will save her...they do me, though sometimes make me sad too. Love dropping by and getting such positive vibrations here.

Claudine said...

I hope for your friend that she will succeed in regaining serenity. The path to the clouds, in fact. I regret to be too far to admire your exhibition.

Roxanne said...

I so wish I could see your exhibit as I have such reverence for the stitch. I am most moved by the idea that in Connie, you have had the essence of a second mother's wisdom. Peace.

Anonymous said...

Lucky Connie, to have a friend who is aware, and reminds her, of her cloud of memories.

Judy, when I was the Teacher Librarian at KidsAbility, I read and shared a LOT of marvelous picture books. One of my favourites was "Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge" by Mem Fox. If you haven't read this book, take it out of your public library. It is a gem, and relates beautifully to your relationship with Connie. You'll need some kleenex when you read this book. XO

Suzanna said...

❤️

Judy Martin said...

Thanks for that book recomendation. I just put it in my amazon cart. xo