Sunday, December 20, 2009

Recital

Today was my piano recital. I rarely talk about my piano teaching on this blog even though it is and has been a huge part of my life since I was 16 years old.
It was a very short recital today, only half an hour. I am stepping away from music teaching and although past recitals have had over thirty performers, today there were only eleven. Sweet children and hard working pianists every one.

I only teach one day a week now. My art making has taken precedent. Here is a list of what was performed. You would have enjoyed it.

Up on the Housetop (duet with teacher)
Jingle Bells (duet with teacher)
Angels We Have Heard on High
Frosty the Snowman
O Come, All Ye faithful (duet with teacher)
Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer (duet with teacher)
The Little Drummer Boy
Santa Claus is Coming To Town
Winter Wind
Joy to the world
Astroids ( a jazz piece)
Silent Night (duet with her mother)
Must be Santa
Frosty the Snowman
The Night Before Christmas
Deck the Hall
Jolly Old St Nicholas (duet with his mother)
Jingle Bells (duet with his mother)
God Bless All
Up On the Housetop
Rockin' Around the Chirstmas Tree (duet with teacher)
We Wish You as Merry Chirstmas (duet with teacher)

3 comments:

Jeana Marie said...

It sounds lovely :) thank you so much for you words of wisdom...I'm hoping to send you an email later this evening.

I taught violin to a few precious little ones the year before I moved to Australia, enjoyed it very much...maybe one day once again :)

chrissythreads said...

It all sounds lovely. Hope you have a lovely Christmas

jude said...

i taught classical and folk guitar when i was younger and although i gave it up years ago, i still remember the joy in both teaching and in the music itself. and most of all... the children....have a wonderful holiday.