Tuesday, March 28, 2023

I heard this poem today

watercolour of a quilt idea

The hour is striking so close above me,


the 9 year old's mermaid 

So clear and sharp, that all my senses ring with it.


the 6 year old's mermaid
 

I feel it now: there's a power in me


April with forsythia from Toronto

to grasp and give shape to my world.

embroidery from Mexico

I know that nothing has ever been real

green quilt by April

without my beholding it.


forsythia in bloom

All becoming has needed me.




My looking ripens things


and they come toward me, to meet and be met.

Rainer Maria Rilke
 

3 comments:

ARTISUN said...

I just love when you put watercolor to paper Judy, and when I pulled up photo closer saw there was some stitch as well. Oh my!!! Love, love , love!

Judy Martin said...

Thank you!

I am painting some of my quilt ideas so that I can get them out of me. There is not enough time to sew all the quilts I have in my head. xo

Deb G said...

Just listened to your conversation with Zak Foster. :) It was lovely and I will be thinking about it for awhile...love what you are doing with your journals.