Sunday, March 15, 2020

like a star in my sky

 What a time we are living through.
At the end of February Ned and I went to Mexico.
I started a new little quilt because I wanted something to do in my swim suit lap.
I wanted to make something small that I could pick up and work on without thinking
but all quilts are acts of mindfulness.
I used red thread and circluar shapes and slowly found that path to my inner self.
It always works.
The weather was often windy or chilly while we were there.
Still beautiful though, to hear the waves.
My little quilt is made of light weight wool and the warmth it gave was perfect.
I couldn't stop working on it.
I continued to stitch in the plane and also in the car as we drove north towards home.

The world is in the middle of a pandemic crises.
My quilt continues to hold me safe.
Doing it helps me.
We're in self isolation now and still I continue and continue.
Continuing to stitch this little quilt.
A red star in my sky, a mothering star. 
 I sit by the window, and the birds watch me stitch.
Here I am.
This is the proof.

7 comments:

Mo Crow said...

(((Judy))) namaste

raz nev said...

we are isolated everywhere, connecting to self in many pleasant ways we didnt allow ourselves before. thank you for your beautiful work. it doesnt look small at all.

Val Hearder said...

Take good care in this time of introspection and solitude. Introverts will take to this situation.

Judy Martin said...

It's interesting to me that I chose the red thread and cloth and made a kind of shield - a protection cloth - keep safe and well my friends xoxo

Glenys said...

Needed something to brighten my life and you popped up in my feed! Thanks Judy... made my day! Glenys x

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh what a beautiful post Judy! Here in New Zealand only folks who have just returned from travels have to isolate and obviously anyone who has been in contact with them.
Out of choice I and my husband are staying home, lots to occupy him with his painting and I with my stitching.
Stay safe and well.

Margaret said...

Thank you for your comforting post, the work of your hands and their rhythm creating calm and peace. May you and yours remain well and blessed in these challenging times!