Friday, August 30, 2019

my new stitching chair

Another weekend is here
and the regular children and the grand children
will be visiting.
The past ten days I enjoyed my new stitching chair

Managing my brief life 
Recconecting with my self
a brief gorgeous life
slow thankful work
horizon line
dream catcher
every day
 'Artists, take every opportunity to be alone.'   Agnes Martin
I continue to
make heart pieces
Soft pieces that reveal my inner world and emotions
'we are made of star stuff'   carl sagen
The materials and processes come first,
and the meaning comes after.
In the indigo horizon piece
I added crater-spiral moon marks over the seed stitches
to make a thunder moon 
 but then I took them all out.
Now it's not a moon piece,
it's another heart piece.
'and I've lived on this earth so long
and all this time stars in the sky in daylight
when I couldn't see them 
and at night when,
most nights, I didn't look'    marie howe
Artists, take every opportunity to live your life.

11 comments:

kat said...

what a beautiful space in which to sit and quietly stitch. Thank you for sharing your journey, the puttings in and the takings out, a helpful reminder that things change and that sometimes what you thought might work no longer does, and that is OK.
I find myself wondering, with my frivolous side, does the embroidery hoop magically hover at exactly the right height for you to stitch?
:-)

Mo Crow said...

love how you do that!

Margaret said...

As you, I love to be on my own. I miss my children; I long to hear their voices from time to time...but in the end am grateful for no grandchildren, no need to alter my home to accommodate curious fingers, no extra bedrooms. Peace. Space. Quiet. Selfish aims, but when they happen, true blessings in my world.

raz nev said...

thank you for every post of yours, so enriching.

Penny said...

Love your thoughts.

Sue McQ said...

Love you

Mystic Quilter said...

Magical, magical post Judy, peace, beauty, nature, stitching in a comfortable chair - what more could we need!!

Liz A said...

this ...

Judy Martin said...

Ha ha - the quilting hoop is on top of one of those small white tables - not magic. xo
Yes about how things change, and how we sometimes take the wrong fork in the road in life and in our work, but we can go back and start over...it's all part of the journey xo

Robbie said...

Your pieces are always beautiful...the rust colored is beautiful!!! The stitching is the main focus!!! At least to me!!!!

Judy Martin said...

Thank you xo
I agree about the stitching - it adds more than we realize - so much time and touch and begs to be caressed xo