Friday, June 30, 2017

prayer for the 21st century


May gardens be wild, like jungles,
May nature never be tamed,
May dangers create of us heroes
May fears always have names
May the mountains stand to remind us
Of what it means to be young,
May we be outlived by our daughters,
May we be outlived by our sons.

by John Marsden


Tomorrow is Canada Day and in my country we will be celeberating 150 years.  Canada is a young country with a history older than 150 years....short memories, high hopes.  

Prayer Flag For Canada at this link   (John Marsden is an Australian poet)

11 comments:

Mo Crow said...

beautiful

Ms. said...

Oh canada! May it be so.

jude said...

we need this

Carol Wiebe said...

I happily repeat this prayer along with you, Judy. For us, for our country.
The work is gorgeous. I love the wide open space, much like our beautiful country.

susan hemann said...

stunning work! Happy Canada Day! I live by Lake Erie, a boat ride to Canada. Lots of relatives in your country. I love it there. I also love the prayer

Lyn said...

beautiful words and beautiful image. Happy Canada Day xxx

Margaret said...

Happy Canada Day, Judy...to you and yours...across the miles of this wild, wonderful, beautiful land. May we always live in peace with each other.

Peggy said...

It is the Goddess of all prayer flags...
Beautiful post, Judy, what an honor for you. xx

Velma Bolyard said...

for the first time ever i have been in canada on canada day and the us on the 4th, both on the west coast, far away from home. all the fireworks don't compare to the calls of the robin and crow, the phoebe, the blue jay, or the lush pacific northwest coast flower fragrances, reminding us of the interdependence we have, our two countries, our many many many cultures.

Judy Martin said...

Velma, what a beautiful thoughtful comment. Thank you. xo

Morna said...

Yet another beautiful piece by Judy. And, I agree, Velma's comment is perfect.

BTW, I can't leave a comment if I arrive here via Bloglovin' - I have to come here on my own, so to speak. :-)