Tuesday, December 16, 2014

beginning with time: day

Another update on the wild pure piece.
I've been stitching diligently and have filled the central area with strips of plant dyed wool stitched with wool threads.
It's so large, I can't get back far enough to photograph it head on.  It covers the entire design wall in my home studio...the photo above was taken from the doorway.  98 inches wide, 85 inches high.
The earthy warm brown of the reclaimed overdyed wool blanket (previously pink) is becoming connected to the central part with rows of seed stitch.  
We've lost our snow.  The day is dark and rainy here.
I'll show the night side of  Beginning With Time in a future post.

12 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Amazing piece, Judy...all your work is awesome! Happy Holidays! xo

Mo Crow said...

this is beautiful Judy love the colours, the textures & the sense of weight

Debbie said...

Beautiful, love the colours, shapes and stitching.

Judy Martin said...

Thank you. It is going to be OK.
relief.

Heather said...

Oooh, the colours and textures are gorgeous. Not just OK, but a triumph! Congrats!

Dana said...

Yes, this is wonderful. As Mo says, the sense of weight, density, texture....I love it.

Margaret said...

I'm struck by how the palette in the stitched piece mirrors that of the trees in beds of wet leaves. Beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Yet another of your works that I yearn to stand in front of. Just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Wow, love that you used natural dyes in the project.I love all the stiching.

Threadpainter said...

Wanna touch !

Hedda Sidla said...

The honesty of this work has moved me to tears...and a deep-felt longing for connection to my own work again after so many years...thank you for sharing your process as well as your art, Judy! regards, Hedda

Hedda Sidla said...

I made a mistake with my URL...I have corrected the info. Should read heddagsidla.wordpress.com