Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Been blogging forever it seems

Journals from our bicycle tour of Western Europe in the 70's. I was pretty faithful about writing (and sketching). The above is from Holland. I wonder why I felt it was so necessary to keep track of it. The newness of it. My reaction. A Spanish circle dance in jeans. Journals and art help me to understand the mystery of who I really really am.

Art tells us who we are, how we feel. How can we ever move ahead if we don't have that knowledge?
Doris Shadbolt

7 comments:

jude said...

and we were all young once upon a time...

Anonymous said...

i love this
and your archives.
i'm always happy to run into artists who have that history visible.

it's inspiring.

you're inspiring.
keep blogging for like forever!

Jacky said...

and isnt it lovely to read back through those journals and remember...
I love knowing all of those things about you.

Jacky xox

Gina said...

How lovely!

Velma Bolyard said...

journaling was/is important practice. are you making marks with thread these days, oh and pixels?

Jeana Marie said...

It's lovely to get to know you a bit better!
xo,
J

Sandra said...

Hi Judy,

do you know what it says in Dutch at the bottom of your last picture? Perhaps you know.
It says: all life insurances.
It goes so well with what you wrote on that piece of paper!

Sandra (the Netherlands)