I finished listening to Stephen King reading aloud from his book ON WRITING yesterday. This is a non fiction book about his own early life with very good advice for writers. The main thing I'm going to take away from this book is the following. (paraphrased and much simplified) (applies to all creative work, not just writing)
1. Close the door.
2. Write. Don't think too much, just write.
3. Then leave it for at least 6 weeks.
4. Re-read it. At this time, figure out what it is you meant.
5. Tweak it. Make it be more WHAT YOU MEANT.
5. Then let others read it. (Take some of their advice.) "safe in something more magical" (detail)graphite and thread (another work for this season at the Perivale)