Thursday, February 15, 2007

journal in cloth

I am about to begin stitching together (by hand) the shapes and layers that represent what my life were like from October 29 to November 25, 2000. During the turn of the millennium, I recorded world events, what I did each day and what the weather was like in torn and cut fabric shapes and pinned them to my studio wall. As the months of 1999 and 2000 flew by, I stacked the fabric pieces into calender months. I have since made several hangings of twenty eight days each (4 weeks) from this accumulated information, but many stacks of days remain. Millennium Journal is an installation of the stacks and the hangings and will be exhibited this spring/summer in Ontario. I plan to complete a new hanging from the content of this stack in time for that.

No comments: