Wednesday, April 25, 2018

retreat

I drove south on Monday
an early morning departure
early spring earth and air
to take part in the Ontario SAQA retreat.
(Studio Art Quilt Association)
Twenty five women are here
We brought our own projects to work on
I brought the 100 year old irish fine linen tablecloth
handed down through Ned's side,
hand embroidered long ago with clover and ribbons.
I am considering adding some red thread love marks, but am not sure how
or if.
We were asked to bring a show and tell item
and I brought earth and air - one of the pieces I made
last year for my exhibition at David Kaye gallery
I loved seeing it on the narrow bed.
I came because I want to connect with others
yet also have some time alone
Time to feel

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a peaceful place to be ... surrounded by art and artists. Enjoy!

Liz A said...

"I came because I want to connect with others
yet also have some time alone"

These words resonate ... echoing my own ambivalence about being in community versus solitude

Ms. said...

Lovely lovely.....
Ah, a little company, a lot of time and distance - divine.
(yes red thread)
Love.

Velma Bolyard said...

it sounds like the perfect thing for you to do. may you enjoy this time away.

Tina said...

Sounds like a wonderful place to be-alone and together, I love that.

Bethany Garner said...

So very good to have Judy with us as she considered the steps and interactions/growth that the arts-focused participants were taking in their own lives. Many moments with one-on-one chats. Time for her stitches to resonate with and inspire others. Important time. Devotion to art. Inside days mostly, with stories to tell. Judy inspires others - at Crieff, in person.
Always.
bethany