Saturday, October 26, 2024

the front and then the back

Counting my blessings 2000  velveteen and cotton quilt 85 x 80 inches

Counting My Blessings (verso)  2000  embroidered cotton, hand quilted 85 x 80 inches


Today Yesterday Tomorrow  1994  painted and pieced cotton hand dyed quilt,
hand embroidery, hand quilted  76 x 72 inches
Today Yesterday Tomorrow (verso) 1994  cotton and embroidered grocery list,
hand quilted 76 x 72 inches


Something More Magical Than It Ever Was 1991 family clothing and silk, log cabin quilt
with photo transfers and painted cloth, 90 x 90 inches
Something More Magical Than It Ever Was (verso)  1991  transfer printed satin and cotton
with hand embroidery 90 x 90 inches 
My Children 1987 painted hand pieced silk from my mother's blouses,
rick rack and polyester border, hand quilted  crib quilt size
My Children (verso)  1987 hand pieced silk from my mother's blouses and polyester,
 hand quilted , crib quilt size

These quilts are from my earlier days of quilting.  I'm posting them to show you the archives that will be going up on judithemartin.com, my website.   My quilts tell my life story.  In the upper three quilts, there is even some embroidered text

My plan is to continue on, finishing the new work I've started and saying thank you.  

Thank you Nick for these beautiful digital photos.  Thank you Zoe, for helping me with my website. xo    

No comments: