Wednesday, February 13, 2019

soft

 I wanted my quilt, Soft Summer Gone, to have a kind of timelessness, as if it has always been.
 I made it large and simple and open with emptiness.
 
 I coloured it with yellow golden-rod wildflowers gathered at the end of summer from the fields and ditches.
  I stitched it with large gestures that reached and crossed and with small circles that rose up.
 I wanted my viewer to yearn to touch the stitches and the soft cloth.
I hoped to cause a poetic experience deep within.

Quilt National sent our work back to us last week.
I unfolded her softly.  

5 comments:

Mo Crow said...

poetry in motion

Els said...

stitches, stitches, stitches ....
a (summer) sea of stitches

Tina said...

So much love stitched in the poem

Sue McQ said...

Emptiness filled with love, emotion and timelessness.

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

There is something ever moving, ever changing about this piece like never ceasing ocean swells.