Wednesday, December 31, 2008

over dyed ambivalence

I'm interested in re-using popular consumer items in a beautiful way in my art form and have overdyed these cotton t-shirts from Value Village twice. I'm NOT thrilled with the colours and besides that, the soft jersey fabric is hard to push a needle through. I'm not ready to give up yet however, and shall keep on with working in this new material as well as with wool blankets in 2009.

Happy New Year to all my readers. Thanks so much for your encouragement over the last year and I wish you all a productive and healthy year.

2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

I have taken t-shirts and, starting at the hem, like peeling an apple, cut it into a 1/2 inch strip winding a ball as I went. It crochets up just wonderfully with raveling and all. Try one, you'll love it.

Happy New Year and thanks for
all the wonderful inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Judy,
i enjoy your blog very much.
Wish you lots of creativity in th new year.