Monday, November 26, 2007

comfort zone

I was able to go into my new studio both Saturday and Sunday. Does this make me a Sunday painter? I guess so. While there I've been painting watercolours of plants and cutting and sewing silk fabric into a wide nine patch border for a quilt top started years ago. It all feels very comfortable. I am very happy and content doing these simple things. I listen to audio books that were my mother's.

I feel as if I'm waiting for my work to change...and while I'm waiting, I may as well do this kind of easy work. I feel as if I'm in an air pocket.

Another thing I've noticed is that is difficult to stay working with intent for four or five hours without interuption. I'm so used to interuptions when I'm at home.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, that is really beautiful.

wholly jeanne said...

ah, conditioning.

Anonymous said...

beautiful work!!!!!!!!!!!
kisss from Athens,Greece.