Friday, May 04, 2007

My opening in Almonte

The opening of Millennium Journal went fairly well this evening. Cindy Jackson (volunteer) and Erin Snow (acting curator) did a decent job of hanging the work in the old building which used to be a textile mill. It was a challenging job as the walls are hard plaster and the celings are sloped. (the work is hung from the ceiling with fish line). Ann Bird and her friends came over from Ottawa.
I made a brief talk to the smallish group of people who came and was glad to do so. I agree that art work generally should hold some mystery, but it's also important that clues be given sometimes so that the work can truly communicate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deb Lacativa said...

Congratulations. I don't know that I'll have the courage to attend my first opening much less have anything to say about it.

oona said...

Well done Mom. You pulled it off, all things aside. I've been thinking of you and I wish that I could have been there with you. For this and so much more.
I hope your talks went well too.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.