Saturday, June 10, 2006

Velvet Journal: Secret Garden

There’s the inner self and there’s the self one presents to the world. This piece is made with the English method of folding fabrics over papers and then whip stitching them together.

The cloth side is formal and decorated while the other (inner) side is intimate and a little wild.

Velvet Journal is included in Award Winners 2006, an exhibition that will be at the Ontario Craft Council gallery in Toronto all summer. I am very thankful for my award and plan to apply it towards my OPUS tuition.

1 comment:

Dale Anne Potter said...

Judy, CONGRATULATIONS on the award!!!
Am I understanding correctly - this piece was two sided?
The multi-coloured side looks like you used paper....
I am enjoying reading your blog and seeing your work!
THANKS!!!