Tuesday, April 11, 2006

White Mountain Academy


Last fall I studied black and white photography at White Mountain Academy in Elliot Lake, a two and a bit hour drive north west from Manitoulin. I really enjoyed learning how to use a darkroom and the ins and out of a traditional 35 mm camera. It is sad that the academy will be closing its doors at the end of the week as the studios, art store, faculty and library were a wonderful resource for artists in Northern Ontario. Last week Andrew Gugan phoned to remind me that my portfolio and sketchbook were still in his office.

1 comment:

Karoda said...

whenever i hear about studios or instructional art spaces closing, my heart just breaks, its like book stores that are struggling to hang on. just makes me wonder about our so-called civil society.