Wednesday, January 13, 2010

stitched resist

This piece was made by Gasali Adeyemo.

I purchased it from him at the Surface Design Association's 2007 conference in Kansas City. I studied traditional Yoruba indigo techniques with Gasali at that time.



The piece below is from the 50's and I bought it from Gasali too. My once a month art quilting class was yesterday and I set up my studio with the thought: "If I were attending this class, what would I like to see when I walk through the door?"

5 comments:

Jeana Marie said...

whoa - the first piece really jumps out at me - amazing! If I was walking into your studio right now I think I would be most impressed (I am impressed!)

Velma Bolyard said...

oh my, oh my. beautiful.

Caterina Giglio said...

good question!

t said...

So beautiful. Stitch resist gives such earthy patterns.

xt

Anonymous said...

Wow!