Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Eight years ago

I started this blog in March 2006.  (8 years!)   It is just one of many diaries I've kept over the years.
The very first post was about the Millennium Journal installation in Rail's End gallery in Haliburton. The very first photo in Judy's Journal  is the one of me shown above.
Millennium Journal was a daily record that used cloth shapes and hand stitch as a personal code that marked that I was alive during the turn of the millennium. (November 1999 until February 2002)
Twenty eight days were stitched into grids of red cloth and arranged as lunar months.   Most of the days remained unstitched, and were stacked on shelves.  (one is visible on the right wall in above photo)  
As usual for my work, these pieces had two sides.   An inner and an outer.

11 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow! 8 years! That's something :)

jeanne hewell-chambers said...

The house, these, the Not to Know but to go On - oh, to see all of these diaries and calendars in the same room or at least in the same show.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on 8 years!

Judy Martin said...

I agree Jeanne. Some day it would be remarkable to have a retrospective of my journal works.

This blog is another and I don't plan to stop yet - thanks for the congratulations Jennifer and Nancy.
xx

Deb Lacativa said...

How wonderful to have something so concrete to mark the passage of time.

It makes me a little anxious to realize that my blog posts are my Only journals beyond cryptic marker entries on old wall calendars.

Margaret said...

Congratulations on 8 years. I love how you record time...time and time again. :-)

Cate Rose said...

Congrats on 8 years, Judy! And what a mighty accomplishment that millenium project was!

Vicki Miller said...

A wonderful accomplishment

Els said...

Oh my Judy eight years ...
(ha : keep going please ;-) ....)
Congratulations !!!

Velma Bolyard said...

praise for hanging with it. an eight year journal/journey is a big thing!

jude said...

me too 8 years.... wow