Tuesday, September 14, 2010

old cloth plus time

Yesterday I couched strips of donated linen damask napkins to old linen tablecloths. This is for the THIRD meditation panel.

Brownies meet on Monday evenings, so Earth Ark was propped against a wall out of the way. I had planned to quilt on it in the morning for a few hours by myself, but did the embroidery instead. I've been preoccupied with family for much of August and want to thank those who kept the project going. Much was accomplished. Judy Larimer did most of the chain stitch quilting seen in this detail.

8 comments:

gerfiles said...

Both very restful sights, the 1. + the 3. photo - but invigorating at the same time...

Caterina Giglio said...

just beautiful as always and nice to know that the piece was being worked on while you were gone...

Anonymous said...

The very best form of meditation.

Jackie said...

Just lovely.

Velma Bolyard said...

this is looking so good. you must just love the community strength in these stitches.

ArtPropelled said...

These images really inspire me. Beautiful work.

Sweetpea said...

I could look at all these stitches for a very long time...

Jacky said...

I love those rows of seemingly never ending french knots...
How lovely to spend the month with your family (I enjoyed the posts of your artistic exploits with April) and nice to know you have the community at home still steadily stitching away on Earths Ark (how I would love to see this in real life).

Jacky xox