Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thunder Bay

I am in Thunder Bay and am writing this post on the little lap top my father gave me last spring. The drive here from Manitoulin along the north shore of Lake Superior is superb. My friend Barbara Sprague and I have been enjoying this artist "date". Today, in between visiting old friends from our mutual past life, we searched for the Gaea Enthroned commission that I did in 1992 for the Provincial government building in Thunder Bay. We found it. The triptych had been moved from the second floor elevator hallway down to a main floor corridor. Much faded after the seventeen years of display it was like seeing one's child grown up with gray hair. I felt tender towards it but so glad to see it again.

2 comments:

Janet Rice-Bredin said...

I remember seeing Gaia in the government building in the 90's. Glad to hear that its still there Judy! It was a welcome spot of warmth in an otherwise institutional space.

Judy Martin said...

I was glad to see it there as I had heard it had disappeared!