Thursday, January 01, 2009

New

red thread, 2008

I spent the afternoon in my studio today and began a new series of work. Although the idea had been growing for quite some time I didn't feel ready to go ahead with it until today. As soon as I woke up this morning I wrote a five page plan into my journal. All the steps. How I'd work back and forth between arbitrary rules and intuitive play. How I'd use up some of my stalled ideas in this new series. How I'd purge old thoughts and re-create them new. I THINK the first piece went well, but it was too dark to photograph by the time I was done. Maybe I'll show it in tomorrow's post.

While at the studio I removed some work from the small gallery space because it's necessary to update my art rental portfolio for the Art Gallery of Sudbury. Click here to see the Local Colour portfolio as it is currently.

No comments: