Saturday, December 29, 2007

fragile traveller

Much of how I choose imagery for my art work is based on chance and randomness. In this way art mirrors life. We have to choose our own direction each day from a variety of events, most of which we have no control over. Some artists say that they "never make art about my life" but I believe that life experiences come out somehow in our artwork and may be reflected in the colours, or in the spacing, or in the brokenness/connectedness of the lines.

3 comments:

Julaine said...

so beautful...

Melody said...

Nicely said Judy. How are you enjoying "Love In The Time of Cholera?"

Judy Martin said...

Melody, I put the novel aside during Christmas. There was just no time to read. I picked it up again today (Sunday Dec 30)
I am enjoying it very much.